PhD Student Sponsorship Initiative: The PhD student sponsorship initiative established and sponsored by the MTT-S Administrative Committee will be back for Microwave Week 2017!
This initiative, established and sponsored by the IEEE MTT-S Administrative Committee, is available for all 1st/2nd year PhD students worldwide. The initiative provides sponsorship to attend IMS2017 and (optional) RFIC 2017 in Honolulu, Hawai'i, USA.
The Sponsorship includes:
- 5 nights accommodation (Check in Sunday 4 June 2017, Check out Friday 9 June 2017)
- Complimentary IMS2017 Registration
- Optional Complimentary RFIC 2017 Registration (additional night, 3 June, accommodation will be given to attend RFIC 2017)
To qualify for an award:
- All applicants must be IEEE MTT-S Student Members.
- All applicants must submit a personal statement.
- Supervisors are expected to pay for transportation to/from Honolulu, Hawai'i, USA.
- Successful applicants are expected to volunteer (1 day) helping IMS2017 team.
- Successful applicants are expected to be present at the IMS2017 from Sunday until Friday afternoon. If also attending RFIC, attendance is required from Saturday until Friday afternoon.
- Three reports assignment: work in a team of 3 to present the evaluation of (a) one presented paper, (b) one poster paper and (c) one product from the exhibition. An additional report will be required for RFIC attendees on one presented paper or poster. This assignment will be presented during the final meeting on Friday 9 June 2017.
- Applications may only be submitted through supervisors.
- Each research group may submit up to 4 applications.
- Past PhD student awardees are not eligible.
- This sponsorship is aimed at students who have not attended the IMS/RFIC before.
- All MTT-S Fellowship/Scholarship recipients cannot apply to this initiative.
05 March 2017 Deadline for applications submissions
- The IEEE MTT-S reserves the right to check the details in this application against IEEE records and other resources, if necessary.
- Students are responsible for their own travel insurance.
Click here to submit your application through the online form.
Once you submit the form, your supervisor will receive an email to provide a recommendation letter. The recommendation letter must be received by 5 March 2017.