If you are staying less than a week in the Waikiki area, you may not need to rent a car. There is a great public transportation system, TheBus, and numerous shuttle and taxi service options. And if you are planning to book tours, a majority of the tours include transportation. If you plan to venture outside of the Waikiki area, you may also consider renting a car for part of your stay.
Convention Center Shuttle Service
Complimentary bus service to and from the Hawai‘i Convention Center will be provided for those reserving their hotel room through the IMS2017 Housing Bureau. The pick-up and drop-off zones are located at:
Shuttle service hours are listed below:
|Day (Date)||Morning Route||Afternoon Route|
|Sunday (4 June)||06:30-10:30||15:30-19:30|
|Monday (5 June)||06:30-10:30||15:30-19:30|
|Tuesday (6 June)||06:30-10:30||16:30-19:30|
|Wednesday (7 June)||06:30-10:30||16:30-19:30|
|Thursday (8 June)||06:30-10:30||15:30-18:30|
|Friday (9 June)||06:30-10:30||14:00-17:00|
Parking in the Hawai‘i Convention Center parking garage is available for $10 per entry, cash or card.
Additional parking garage information:
- Enter the parking garage from Kalakaua Avenue
Transportation to/from Honolulu International Airport
Speedi Shuttle is the official Honolulu International Airport on-demand shuttle service provider, and delivers affordable island-wide door-to-door service from the airport to your home, office, or hotel on Oahu.
Passenger Fares to/from Waikiki:
- One way from $15.48 per person for a party of two.
- Round-trip includes a 10% discount on the return segment when booked at the same time as your initial travel.
- Two bags per person plus one carry-on: No Charge
- Each bag over the 2 per person limit: $8.00
- Golf Bags: $10.00
- Bicycles: $15.00
Shuttle stops are conveniently located on the ground level at the tour group areas adjacent to Baggage Claims C (Interisland Terminal) and H (Diamond Head Terminal), as well as curbside at the Overseas Terminal (between Baggage Claim D and E) and the Commuter Terminal. SpeediShuttle Greeters and Shuttle Attendants wearing red aloha prints are present throughout baggage claim and at each pickup location to arrange your door to door transportation. Please indicate your destination by hotel/resort. SpeediShuttle signage is located throughout the terminals and at each pickup zone.
Taxis are also available. Flat rate taxis are a good option and may be cheaper than a metered taxi. Please note reservations are required in advance for flat rate taxis.
Taxi service is available on the center median fronting the terminal baggage claim areas. See the taxi dispatchers for service. The fare from the airport to Waikiki during non-rush hour periods is approximately $40 - $45, plus a baggage charge of $0.50 per bag (fare is by meter only).
City Taxi of Honolulu is currently offering a flat rate of $26 (cash) or $28 (credit card) to/from the Honolulu International Airport to the Waikiki Area. For additional information, please contact City Taxi directly at 808-524-2121. (Please note that rate is subject to change.)
Star Taxi Hawaii is currently offering a rate of $30 to/from the Honolulu International Airport to the Waikiki Area. Minivans are also available. For additional information, please contact Star Taxi directly at 808-942-7827. (Please note that rate is subject to change.)
To make a reservation with one of the flat rate taxi providers (for an airport pick-up), please have the following information ready:
1. Date of arrival
2. Name of airline
3. Flight number
4. Approx time of arrival
5. Number of people in your party
6. Approx number of pieces of luggage
7. Your destination (hotel/resort)
Honolulu International Airport (HNL) is the largest airport in the State of Hawaii, and the primary commercial airport for the island of Oahu.
Conference travel agreements have been made with the following airlines offering discounted ticket prices for IMS2017 attendees:
• Discounted Delta Airlines flights can be booked online at www.delta.com/meetings. When booking online, select 'Book A Trip' and enter Meeting Event Code NMPJ5 in the box provided.
• Reservations may also be made by calling Delta Meeting Network Reservations at 1-800-328-1111, Monday through Friday, 7 AM - 7 PM CDT.
• A discount of 2% to 20% may be applied to the listed fare, depending on booking class. The Delta Airlines discount code is applicable for air travel from 27 May 2017 through 18 June 2017.
• Discounted Hawaiian Airlines flights can be booked online at https://www.HawaiianAir.com/Affiliate. When booking online, enter Preferred Affiliate Program Code IMS in the box provided.
• A discount of 5% will be applied to roundtrip web fares on Hawaiian Airlines flights between Mainland U.S. and Hawai'i booked online via HawaiianAir.com only. The Hawaiian Airlines program code is applicable for air travel from now through 31 December 2017.
• Discounted United Airlines flights can be booked online at www.united.com. When booking online, enter Offer Code ZXJN251813 in the Promotions and Certificates box provided.
• In addition to booking reservations online, attendees can also book through a travel agency or United Reservations Meetings Desk as follows:
• US and Canada:
• All other locations:
• A discount of 2% to 10% may be applied to the listed fare, depending on booking class. The United Airlines discount codes are applicable for air travel from 26 May 2017 through 18 June 2017