The IEEE MTT International Microwave Symposium (IMS) is the premier annual international meeting for technologists involved in all aspects of microwave theory and practice. It consists of a full week of events, including technical paper presentations, workshops, and tutorials, as well as numerous social events and networking opportunities. The symposium also hosts a large commercial exhibition. Co-located with IMS are the IEEE RFIC and ARFTG conferences.
What's New and Happening in 2017?
• The first-ever IMS Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) Competition
• A 5G Summit showcasing next-generation wireless technologies
• An Executive Forum to discuss the latest in 5G and Internet of Things (IoT)
• RF Boot Camp – a three-quarter day course on RF/microwave basics
• The first-ever IMS Exhibitor Workshops for exhibitors to present the technology behind their products
• Networking Events including Young Professionals and Women in Microwaves events
• Student Design, Student Paper, Industry Paper, and Advanced Practice Paper Competitions
• Project Connect for under-represented minority engineering students, and the PhD Student Initiative for new PhD students
• Teaching that inspires…students that aspire – an exciting STEM program exposing middle school and select high school students, as well as their teachers, to RF/microwave technology
• The first-ever IMS Hackathon: 30-Minute Circuits will allow competitors to race to the finish to see who is the ultimate RF circuit hacker!
Sunday, 4 June
Monday, 5 June
Tuesday, 6 June
Wednesday, 7 June
Thursday, 8 June
MTT-S Student Awards Luncheon